Re: CVS head bash problem

At 11:29 PM 4/22/2003 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>A few debugging possibilities spring to mind here.
>
>Try running it under strace with a very large buffer size in (the -b
>option).  Attach to the hung process in strace or gdb.
>
>Does it also have problems with cygwin snapshots?  If not, then we need
>to see how you've configured your version of cygwin, what version of gcc
>you use, etc.
>
>If this is just a cvs thing (and that isn't really clear) then the old
>popular binary search through cvs might be useful to find out what
>change caused the problem.
>
>Also, send cygcheck output (as an attachment).  I suspect that you may
>be using CYGWIN=tty but we don't know what your setup is.

I had sent a cygcheck output immediately after my initial report.
CYGWIN is unset.

Contrary to Rolf I have never seen a hung process in this context.

Cygwin built from current cvs still crashes immediately.
Fortunately cygwin1-20030421.dll.bz2 exhibits the problem very readily.
In fact strace seems to go into the background.
~: strace -o trace bash
~: Use "logout" to leave the shell.
~:
When I got the prompt back there was no "logout" message and the trace
file was empty. The "logout" message came after a ^C, and there is
now data in the file. Not sure if it's helpful.

I've got to stop now.

Pierre