Re: GDB GUI (was RE: Problem building ddd on cygwin)

"Williams, Gerald S (Jerry)" wrote:

> Fred Ma wrote:
> > And it's not in the cygwin faq or manual.  I now have
> > powerful secret knowledge.  Mailing list membership
> > has its privileges.
>
> I haven't tried it, but I suspect the configure
> command I was referring to should look more like
> this:
>
>   CC=gcc-2 CXX=g++-2 ./configure
>
> However, as Ray Dassen suggested, I just got the
> REAL latest version of DDD (3.3.5) from here:
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/bashdb
>
> It builds OOTB:
>
>   ./configure
>   make
>   make install-strip
>
> -Jerry

Thanks, Jerry.  I haven't upgraded cygwin to get gcc-2.
But this insight thing is really nice.  Have you tried it?
What do you think (compared to ddd)?  If, from the point
of view of an experienced debugger GUI user, you find
its functionality not much different from ddd, I might still
go through the hoops of builiding ddd, since I already use
ddd on the solaris machines.  That way, I only need to
familiarize myself with one environment.

Out of curiosity, did you try building it with plain old gcc
rather than gcc-2?

Fred

--
Fred Ma, fma at doe dot carleton dot ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics