Re: How to parse windows command line

> I have written a Windows application that expects a file name as a
> command line argument.  If I compile the program with a either the
> Borland or Micrsoft compilers I get just the file name as the command
> line argument when I run the program.
>
> However if I compile the program with the Cygwin compiler I get some
> like the following for the command line argument when I run the program:
>
> "Directory\\Directory\\Program.exe\" Filename "

Need just a bit more information that that. What is the code you are using?
WinMain?

> This is make things akward.  I'm not sure why Cygwin is doing this when
> other compilers don't.
>
> Does Cygwin provide an API or other strategy to deal with this scenario?

Well, again that depends. My name is luke and I need to see the source. ;-)
For example, this mingw (AKA Windows native) application

--- CUT HERE ---
#include <stdio.h>

void
main (int argc, char **argv)
{
    printf ("My name is %s,\nHello, %s\n",
            argv[0] /* The program (executable file) name */,
            argv[1] ? argv[1] : "No name" /* First argument (if) passed to
the program */);
}
--- CUT HERE ---

Will print out the name of the program. On Cygwin

> My name is ./test1
> Hello, Zippy

and on Windows (from a command prompt)

> My name is G:\Cygwin\root\tmp\test1.exe