Re: Printable Copy Of The Cygwin Users Guide]

> > > Not really.  You can probably generate one yourself by using some option
> > > of db2html that tells it to generate one file, but I'm not familiar with
> > > DocBook, and don't know what that option is.  FYI, the sources for the
> > > user's guide are in the "cygwin" source package.
> > >
> > Whoa there! It's in "cygwin-doc", or the cygwin CVS.
>
> I found a copy of the users guide at:
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/doc/cygwin-api.in.sgml?cvsroot=src
>

> You will have to pardon my ignornace but I know very little of sgml
> and nothing of docboook. I don't have cvs set up, I don't need it and
> I don't want to set it up just to get the docs. When I click the the
> download link at the url above I just get a single page of sgml, not
> the text of the users guide.
>
> Is there an easy way that I am missing to get the users guide( and the
> FAQ ) into one file so I can print it, and read it cover-to-cover at my
> leisure, away from a pc, so I don't have to keep bothering everyone here
> with my elementry questions ?

Steve,

I'm afraid that there is no pre-made single-page copy of the Cygwin User's
Guide. You'll need to follow the instructions in the cygwin-doc package
for getting a working DocBook installation, or I can probably figure out
how to make one and email it to you later if you want.