VIM (and RE: Cygwin survey)

> [ ]  Yes, please add perl support to the next Cygwin vim release.
>
> [ ]  No, go away with that.
>
> [ ]  What's vim?

  [x]  Do what you want with Perl--what I want is Python support. :-)

Actually, there are a bunch of things I'd like to know about
how VIM compiles under Cygwin, but I've never bothered to
ask. (Right now, I'm mostly starting the Windows version via
gvim.bat :-( ).

I used to compile the X version myself, but wasn't able to
get scripting language support. I didn't put too much effort
into it (not really a high priority). Anyway, is it possible
to enable Python support under Cygwin (i.e., was I simply
doing something wrong)?

But I've been using X less often (and in multiwindow mode
when I do), so the Windows version makes more sense for me
now. I thought I saw on this list that support for Cygwin-
style paths was somehow going to be incorporated into that
version, but I don't see it. Would I have to rebuild VIM
myself to get it? A non-X-Windows GVIM that understands
Cygwin paths would be ideal. I'm wondering if there isn't
some way to get this using GTK?

And one more thing: I've seen non-GUI vim respond to mouse
clicks on xterms on a Sun. It's nice for those rare times
when positioning with a mouse is actually more convenient.
;-) Is there any way to enable this under Cygwin, or is it
some special hack?

gsw