RE: gcc3.2.3 installation

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Chuong Ta Thien Nguyen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently doing a final year project at Adelaide University that requires
> JPEG2000 compression/uncompression.
>
> I have installed Jasper and Cygwin Unix OS system on windows XP. I am having
> problems installing gcc3.2.3. Jasper needs this to work.
>
> gcc3.2.3 assumes that I can get a command window up to install it. How do I
> get the command window up?
>
> The installation instructions on the net are quite complicated. Is there a
> simpler way to install it?
>
> Thank you.

"On the net" is a very general and vague location.  There could be
out-of-date or plain incorrect documents on the net which tell you to
install Cygwin B19 by using WinZip, for all we know.  The only official
documentation that is supported on this list is that on
<http://cygwin.com/>.  If you use any other instructions, please seek help
from the author of that documentation (and look carefully at the "last
modified" date).

Once you follow the installation instructions on <http://cygwin.com/>,
simply click on the Cygwin icon to get a command window running bash.  If
you prefer other shells, there are instructions in the list archives on
how to switch it.  If you can't find those instructions, just ask on the
list.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II