RE: Compile times in Windows

> > > Have you tried/looked at ccache?
> > >
> > Some time ago I had done some tests with ccache compiling KDE-cygwin, but
> > contrary to my expectations I recognized a slowdown of compiling
> > speed. This let
> > me assume, that the file/path accessing is the real bottleneck.
> >
> > Does anyone have got similar experience ?
> I've never really noticed any perceivable advantage to using ccache
> personally.
>
> On the other hand, distcc works with Cygwin!

I have tried this too. From the README:

"distcc is now reasonably stable and can successfully compile the Linux kernel,
rsync, KDE, GNOME (via GARNOME), Samba and Ethereal.  distcc is nearly
linearly scalable for small numbers of machines: for a typical case, three
machines are 2.6 times faster than one."

On cygwin one I have recgonized a compiling speedup by 2.0 up to 2.4 with three
machines depending on the network load.

Ralf