Re: Windres parse error

Mikael Åsberg wrote:

Hello, I've just started trying to a "convert" a win32 gui program (written
in c++) to the cygwin tools. When I finally got all the source files to
compile without errors, windres chokes on the .rc-file which was generated
using MSVC++ 6.0. The first error is:

By the way, reduced test cases are generally appreciated by all...

windres: mindedit.rc:162: parse error
Line 162 in mindedit.rc looks like:
   LTEXT           "Enter line number to go to:",IDC_STATIC,6,10,84,8

It looks like windres doesn't like IDC_STATIC. Maybe MSVC defines it in the header files.
The w32api header files for cygwin/mingw don't define it.
Maybe put this in your rc files:
#ifndef IDC_STATIC
#define IDC_STATIC (-1)
#endif

the program to build. But then windres finds another parse error on line
191, which looks like this:
ID_TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DISCARDABLE  16, 16

This one looks like a bigger problem. It doesn't look like windres has the TOOLBAR keyword implemented. So someone has to submit a patch to binutils (where windres lives) to implement it.

I really don't know where to go from here...anyone know how to fix these errors?

// Mikael