Re: emacs - Entry Point not found error

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Joe Buehler wrote:

> Mani Krishnan Venkatachari wrote:
>
> >   I installed the new version of cygwin recently. When I try to load
> > emacs, it gives a dialog box with the following error.
> >
> > "The procedure entry point SmClientID could not be located in the dynamic link lilbrary lilbSM.dll"
>
> That library is in the Xfree86-bin package.  It lives in /usr/X11R6/bin.
> Make sure you have the package installed and that the directory is in your
> PATH.
>
> It may be that libSM.dll has changed in a recent XFree86 release, in which
> case there is a big problem.

Joe,

I've read on the cygwin-xfree list about the intent to eventually rename
lib*.dll to cyg*.dll to conform to cygwin dynamic library naming
standards.  See <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-05/msg00491.html>.
This is not currently happening, AFAIU; just a heads-up.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu