Re: Path separator

--- Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm@cygwin.com> wrote:

> You shouldn't be defining _WIN32 for cygwin.  Cygwin gcc doesn't
> define this by default.

Unfortunately, autoconf is doing this for us.  It is picking up
windows.h from /usr/include/w32api, which in turn includes windef.h.

Besides, we *do* want to convert "/" to "\" when running in the native
win32 environment, so the #ifdef _WIN32 block is fine.  Its just when
we are in Cygwin that we'd like to skip over that function (or change
its behaviour).  So its a run-time and not compile-time setting I'm
looking for.

So, again, is there a way to dynamically detect whether a binary is
running within Cygwin (or maybe just from the BASH shell)?

Thanks,
greg_fenton.

=====
Greg Fenton