Re: sharing hd partition betw Linux and Cygwin

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:54:16AM -0700, Shankar Unni wrote:
> Soren Andersen wrote:
>
> >Now sharing the drive space between the cvs tool (and cpan, too!) works,
> >I think (haven't actually tried cvs yet but had to work on cpan a few
> >minutes ago, and discovered it was suffering from the same difficulty).

> I'd be amazed if this all works seamlessly. Nevertheless, remember that
> CVS on cygwin is only supported with binary-mounted filesystems.  If
> your default cygdrive mount is text (i.e. you installed Cygwin with "DOS
> line endings"), be sure to create a fresh binary mount for your CVS
> repository and use that as your CVSROOT.

Thanks for the tip, Shankar. I've always had all my mounts in binmode by
default so this shouldn't be an issue.

--
See my OpenPGP key at https://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=6050
GnuPG public key fingerprint  | "Only when efforts to reform society have as