Re: glui.h compilation prb

"Zieg, Mark" <mark dot zieg at lmco dot com> wrote:

Andre,

I just came across your post regarding GLUI and gcc2/3 under Cygwin:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/27178/match=glui>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/27178/match=glui

Thank you for clarifying that.

Do you have any idea when the OpenGL package will be updated, and we can use
GLUI under gcc3?

There are some issues that need to be solved before I update that package. See: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-02/msg00252.html

I didn't receive any answer yet regarding those issues.

Also, are there any hazards to using OpenGL and GLUT with gcc3 under Cygwin?
I've been doing that for many months, without any observable problems.

GLUT, GLU, and OpenGL 1.1 programs should compile and link without problem with both gcc-3 and gcc-2.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL package to cygwin@cygwin.com .