RE: AC_CYGWIN?

Thanks for the tip Max, I looked in 'info autoconf' and found this

=========info autoconf===========
If you want to base a decision on the system where your program
will be run, make sure you use the `$host' variable, as in the
following excerpt:

     case $host in
       *-*-msdos* | *-*-go32* | *-*-mingw32* | *-*-cygwin* | *-*-windows*)
         MUMBLE_INIT="mumble.ini"
         ;;
       *)
         MUMBLE_INIT=".mumbleinit"
         ;;
     esac
     AC_SUBST([MUMBLE_INIT])
=========info autoconf===========

So I guess that's all I need...

>Of course, checking for a platform kind of goes against the whole
>feature-not-platform tests ideal of autoconf.

I have to! :/ The code is already there, full of defines (#ifdef WIN32 and
#ifdef APPLE) and it was not written with Linux or cygwin in mind and now it
has to be converted, so...

> What's the proper way to check if I am compiling on a cygwin system from
> within an autoconf configure.in script?

>From the subject, you clearly already have an idea. If you check the
autoconf docs, they will tell you that that macro is obsolete, and tell you
how you should be doing it.

Of course, checking for a platform kind of goes against the whole
feature-not-platform tests ideal of autoconf.

Max.