Porting Sun's XView to Cygwin: ucontext.h/sigcontext workaround?

Hi list.

I'm working on porting Sun Microsystems's antiquated XView libraries to
Cygwin.  The only major hangup I've run into is the absence of the signal
context functionality (ucontext.h and sigcontext).  I've read through the
archives of this distribution, and I know this has been discussed at some
length, especially by Igor Pechtchanski, but no resolution was reached.

Has anyone found a suitable workaround?

Thanks much..
Matt Hirsch