From: Lapo Luchini []
Sent: 2003?6?16? 18:59
To: Jing Zhao; CygWin
Subject: Re: rsync delta transmission won't work

Jing Zhao wrote:

>rsync transmitted the whole file. Note that "delta transmission enabled"
>is not shown, even the exact options were used as in the 1st case?
>Can somebody tell me if rsync is broken? If not, why?
Please notice that windows FS often need an "expanded window" as its time
granularity is not very high.
Many users report --modify-window=2 useful on FAT but some also on NTFS.
Please try this and see if it solves something.

Moreover: what rsh are you using, not the wnidows' default rsh, is it?
It should even work, so I doubt it, but...
try with ssh maybe, just to compare.

- --
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini (PGP & X.509 keys available) (ICQ UIN: 529796)