Re: Cygwin uses wrong make tool on my system.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Dessent" <brian@dessent.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: Cygwin uses wrong make tool on my system.

> Harald Houppermans wrote:
> >
> > The problem is a bit bigger.
> >
> > Delphi 5 is also installed on my system and also has a tool called
make.exe.

> > Delphi 6 is also installed on my system and also has a tool called
make.exe.

> > Eh, oops.
> >
> > Oh well I ll have to rename then for now...
> >
> > Unless somebody knows how to call cygwin's make ? :D
>
> It's all in the order of your $PATH.  Typing "which make" will tell you
> which one comes first.  I would think it should pick up GNU make first
> since by default /etc/profile prepends /bin to the path, and /bin/make
> is the cygwin/GNU make.

Ok, I tried modifieing the path first... that did not work...

Anyway... I don't like modding with the path...

But anyway... thx for the tip how to find out which make is being used

Cygwin report this one:

$ which make
/cygdrive/c/pp/bin/win32/make

Damn... now I understand... that s free pascal's make !!!

FUNNY !!! So many makes on my system AHHHHHH