Re: newbie shell-users howto, guide, cheatsheet, or reference?

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:12:32AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>on Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 08:31:40PM +0100, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

>> >  IIRC there is a HOWTO with a certain Linux distro (they use a Red Hat as a
>> > logo ;) that should fulfill at least part of your needs (can't remember the
>> > name right now... MSDOS-HOWTO?).
>>
>> Useful, but not sufficiently focused.
>>
>> Given my research and responses (both on and off list), I'll be putting
>> together something shortly at http://twiki.iwethey.org/, which the
>> Cygwin project will be free to use.
>
>For better or worse, started as:
>
>    http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/CygwinEndUserQuickReference
>

>Peace.

Rather than throwing your efforts out there and expecting "the cygwin
project" to use them, why don't you investigate what is required to
change the actual documentation?  A getting started section could be
added to the actual documentation.

As a general rule, your efforts will have a much wider audience and will
benefit more people if you direct them towards the actual distribution
rather than putting them on a personal web page.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org