Re: Performance problem

Vladimir Baltchev <vbaltch at orthosoft dot ca> wrote:
The combination OpenGL X11 works fine on Unix.

That's because it is hardware accelerated on Unix.

We are trying to use cygwin to port our applications on Windows. The cygwin's OpenGL gives us the dependency on the X11 cygwin simulation on Windows which is slow, I gess...

They are 2 OpenGL implementation for Cygwin:

A slow one for X11: everything is rendered in software.

A fast one for native Windows apps. The OpenGL package enables you to use it. It uses hardware acceleration if available.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL package to cygwin@cygwin.com .