From: Larry Hall [mailto:cygwin-lh@cygwin.com] Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 11:51 AM
To: Crispin Bivans
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Unable to use iisreset through ssh

Crispin Bivans wrote:

I have a weird problem where if I try to use iisreset through a ssh session to my cygwin box then it gives an error saying that only Local Admin's can use this command. But I am a local admin, and if I use iisreset directly on the PC through bash session it works fine. When I run 'id' command it also says I'm part of the Administrators group. And my entry in /etc/passwd looks right. My CYGWIN variable does include 'ntsec' as part of the settings.

What can I do to fix this?

What authentication method are you using for ssh? If you're not using password authentication, try that.

Holliston, MA 01746