RE: Setup fails on XP Pro : no files in /etc + no permissions in /bin

Thanks Max. I erased Cygwin and re-installed. Results are detailed below.

I am installing for all users, logged in as myself 'GBMilneJ'.
I am a member of XP's Administrators group.
(I've installed several other programs, with no problems).

>From Bash :-
bash-2.05b$ pwd
/usr/bin
bash-2.05b$ getfacl /
# file: /
# owner: GBMilneJ
# group: mkpasswd
user::---
group::---
mask:rwx
other:---
bash-2.05b$

>From XP's cmd.exe :-
C:\>cd C:\

C:\>cacls C:\cygwin
C:\cygwin BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F
          NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F
          BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:)
                            SYNCHRONIZE
                            FILE_WRITE_DATA