Re: Questions about converting apps to cygwin

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 12:36:12PM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> >Right, these functions are from libgen, who's functionality is not yet
> >available in Cygwin.  I hope to have everything finished RSN.  ATM I've
> >only done basename() and dirname(), but I don't mind adding these if
> >someone can give me their prototypes and what exactly they are supposed
> >to do (e.g.  print error message and exit, not show be the source
> >code).
>
> I keep saying that if there are packages to be added that are already
> written for *BSD. 1) They package should go to newlib and 2) The source
> should come from *BSD.
>
> cgf

Right, OK. If anyone else wants to persue this, feel free, as I won't be. I see
Nicholas Worums has already gone for getting basename()/dirname() into Newlib,
so there's not much more to do.

Elfyn.

--
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB  |  http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/