compile gtk2 applications on cygwin?

Hi,
is there anyone out there who has successfully compiled a glade-2 or gtk2
application on windows under the cygwin package?
I had some hard days until it went through autogen and make (mainly
because
I did have all the things I needed) but it now copiles ok.

But when I try to start my program I get the message:

   (process:263): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

   (process:263): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib

   (process:263): Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

   Gtk-ERROR **: Incompatible build!
   The code using GTK+ thinks GtkBox is of different
   size than it actually is in this build of GTK+.
   On Windows, this probably means that you have compiled
   your code with gcc without the -fnative-struct
   (or -mms-bitfields) switch, or that you are using
   an unsupported compiler.
   aborting...
   Aborted (core dumped)

I tried gcc2 with -fnative-struct and gcc3 with -mms-bitfields but it's
all the same.

Anyone a clue? Seems that I got definitely stuck here.

Thanks for any input
Franz
Franz Parzefall
Vision Systems