Re: Setup without a mouse

Igor --

Thanks for the pointers...I've subscribed and I'll start perusing the code in the next few days. This should be interesting!

Mike

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Mike Meadway wrote:

Hi!

   After reading the questions about using setup without a mouse, and
the subsequent replies about requiring a redo of setup, I'm willing to
give that a stab.  I'm doing a project that requires the use of netpbm
under Cygwin (I refuse to pay for tools that don't work as well as
freely available stuff), and I'm facing the issue of automating the
installation.  The current setup makes that difficult, to say the least.

I guess this means I'm volunteering some effort to do an update.
Where's the setup program in the source tree?  I've not contributed code
to an open-source development project, so bear with me as I ask a few
clueless questions, but I'm happy to help out.

Mike Meadway

Mike,

See <http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html>. You might want to
subscribe to <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>. Feel free to ask
setup-related questions there. Searching the archives of that list might
also be informative.
Igor