Cygwin 1.5.3 issues

  This week I upgraded to Cygwin 1.5.3 from 1.3.18 and when I run
cygcheck I'm seeing these things:

<it seems everything under apache is reported as missing>
(I do have apache2 installed under /usr/local/apache2.  Maybe that is
cause of problem???)

Packages reporting as incomplete:

Missing file: /usr/share/locale/locale.alias from package gettext
Missing file: /usr/share/locale/locale.alias from package texinfo
Can't open file list /etc/setup/XFree86-base.lst.gz for package
XFree86-base
Missing file: /usr/share/locale/locale.alias from package gettext

  Are these missing files a problem?  I always install everything so
I'm not sure how to correct this.

  Other question:  Can I use the cygwin version of gcc for compiling
under mingw?  Mingw gcc is old version (2.95.3-6) and cygwin gcc is
3.2.  Or is there newer gcc available from cygwin site for Mingw?

thx,
Gerry Reno