Re: cygwin bash 2.05b patches and "rebash" a debugger for bash (http://bashdb.sourceforge.net)

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:14:21AM -0400, R. Bernstein wrote:
>  > The Cygwin version is vanilla bash plus patches 001 to 004 plus the
>  > below patches:
> Actually, if you look here:
>
>   http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-2.05b-patches/
>
> you'll see that there are 3 more from March of this year. The
> rebash/bashdb CVS sources have these applied as well. Some of the
> fixes from Debian are also probably worth applying as some of them
> aren't necessarily specific to Debian. These would be in the db
> directory in CVS.
>
> And last, but certainly not least, is that issue of coordinating
> patches between cygwin and rebash/bashdb.
The patches that have not been applied yet will be applied in the next
release. As I don't use Debian (only RH8 and Gentoo) their patches will
have to wait until they're pushed up stream to vanilla Bash.

OTOH, if you know about patches that might be interesting for Cygwin users,
then PTC will, of course, apply :)

As for coordinating patches between Cygwin bash and your bash, you'll have
the patches applied in the source package, as I'll be using method #2. You'll
be able to get them from the source tarball at every release.

rlc

--
You roll my log, and I will roll yours.
		-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca