Re: Can .lib files be converted to .a files?

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 09:45:06AM -0400,  craig  grossbach wrote:
> Does someone know of a way to convert a .lib file to it's
> .a counterpart? I need to get pcscal32.lib to be
> libpcscal32.a. Thank you.
If pcscal32.lib was written in C and compiled by MSVC, just rename it.

If it was not written in C, you're out of luck: there are ABI differences
that you won't be able to get around without recompiling.

If it was not compiled by MSVC (or something compatible), you'll have to use
whatever your compiler offers to convert it - if anything. Otherwise,
recompiling is the only thing you can do.

HTH

rlc

--
Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.
		-- Hunter S. Thompson