Re: Windows 2k crash while processing big bash script

To start helping you debug this problem, we need a bit more information about
your Cygwin setup. Could you please read http://cygwin.com/problems.html
and provided the information mentioned there?

rlc

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 12:45:46AM +0300, -TifsSoft- wrote:
> Hello. I have troubles using cygwin and I think you can resolve them.
> I can't compile any programm with cygwin under my Windows 2000. When configure
> script processing, some error occurs and script stops. After that, bash shell
> that process configuration script unable to execute any command with error
> "cannot fork: permission denied" or "cannot fork: resource temporarily unavailable"
> or command executes and:
>
> <---terminal--->
>      72 [main] bash 2840 sync_with_child: child 30884(0x1D4) died before initialization with status code 0x80
>    3898 [main] bash 2840 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
> bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
> <---/terminal--->
>
> happend. Execution a new cygwin shell instance (from link on desktop) cause
> error messagebox that says "application initialization error (0xc0000142)".
> Execution of any windows application cause this error messagebox too.
> (Looks like it is windows problem becouse windows crashes, but this crash caused by
> cygwin).
>
> After reboot, all works, and if I start configuration script, windows crashes again
> (after some time, while script processing...)
> I don't know, what to do, I like cygwin too much, but I can't work with it.
> My windows 2000 Russian is SP4 and patched with all available patches from
> windowsupdate. In Windows 98 all works fine, configuration script successfully
> processing. Configuration script log for libiconv-1.9.1 and gettext-0.12.1
> included. I really need you help. Thanks very much in advance.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  -TifsSoft-                          mailto:tifs@mail.ru

> --

C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot.  C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
		-- Bjarne Stroustrup