Re: Minor wtf database update needed? (RE: getopt: ugly linker messages)

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:

> > From: Corinna Vinschen
>
> <SNIP>
> > The above case is imho somewhat borderline.  It defines Biz with
> > dllimport, but it's missing an `extern'.  What I mean is, having two
> > extern declarations, one with and the second without dllimport.  The
> > second should not touch the already existing declaration.  I don't
> > see why this should result in an ICE.  The other cases in the testcase
> > are absolutely ok, though.
> >
> > Corinna
>
> $ wtf ICE
> $
>
> Igor?
> I suspect it is something like "Internal Compiler Error" - is it?
>
> /Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE

Hannu,

You're right, it is "Internal Compiler Error".

Hmm.  My first reaction was that I didn't want the OLOCA to become a
kitchen sink of unrelated acronyms, especially with links to reasonably
comprehensive acronym lists ("the Canonical Acronym List" and
"AcronymFinder.com", the latter with a search, even).  However, after not
finding it in the CAL, and having to browse through 3 pages of results to
find it on AcronymFinder, I think there's enough reason to add it to the
OLOCA.

This will also appear in the next release of wtf (or you may sync with the
web OLOCA version by following the instructions in the README).

FWIW, the above is how I would handle acronym addition proposals for any
acronym that isn't apparently prominent on the list or obviously
Cygwin-specific.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/