Re: mutt and 8 bit characters

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003, Tony Arnold wrote:

> I've seen references to this problem in the mailing list archives, but not a
> suggestion for a work around or hint of a fix being on its way. The problem
> is that if I try to reply to a message with 8 bit characters (e.g., UK
> currency symbol, accented characters) then mutt crashes with a message about
> BUGGY_ICONV.

I know of two workarounds: (1) revert to version 1.8xx of libiconv; (2)
grab the mutt sources and re-compile/re-link against the current version of
libiconv.

Path (2) has worked for me; I used path (1) for a while, but it is likely that
other things that depend upon libiconv would become broken, so this is likely
to be a less-good solution.

..good luck...dac