RE: SUGGESTION wrt preremove / postinstall / preinstall (RE: [FAQ] Packages reported as "Incomplete" by "cygcheck -c")

 Ok. Then my suggestion is just replicating current status. Well... ;-)

> The "right" solution, IMO, would be to somehow mark the affected files as
> "movable by postinstall scripts", so that cygcheck doesn't attempt to
> locate them.  One way to do this is to designate a directory in the Cygwin
> FHS for "scratch files", and have cygcheck not check any files or
> directories installed into that tree.

 This doesn't appeal to my "estetic sense"... ;-7

> Some solutions specifically for apache (considering that it provides a
> default www tree) might be to distribute the tree separately, in a helper
> package (kind of like tetex-* do with the texmf tree), or to package the
> tree as a .tar file and untar it in the postinstall script (and keep the
> tar file around).  The mod_* postinstall scripts should simply keep the
> original (unrebased) DLLs around.
> 	Igor

That would allow a "reset" of those. A positive thing? Never mind.

> P.S. I'm not sure I understand the last question.

 Ahh... beeing tired again -> too few words.

The idea was to add the "name of the copy" to the "list of files in this
package", and to do this during pre/postinstall - if that is feasible.

 Now that I read it once again, the idea doesn't seems so good anymore.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59?16.37'N, 17?12.60'E
-- UTC+01, DST -> UTC+02  --
--END OF MESSAGE--