RE: no longer administrator, can't mkdir /foo

You may need to get permission to temporarily logon as a local admin and
then change the owner of all of the directories under cygwin.
As almost all of my directories and files seem to be owned by
admins.mkgroup.  See if you can change the ownership to the Power User
group or something else that you are a member of.
Btw - I renamed the Administrators group to admin in my /etc/group file.