[ANNOUNCEMENT] notice of package removal: gcc2-2.95-*

I don't have the time or the inclination to support gcc 2.95 (aka the
gcc2 package).  That fact wasn't a really big deal until David
Billinghurst pointed out that the package contained a serious flaw.  So,
rather than subject people to a broken g++, I will be end-of-lifing the
gcc2 package next week unless someone steps forward to claim package
maintainership.

This means I will remove the package from sources.redhat.com and it
will no longer be available for download via setup.exe.

If you are interested in maintaining this package, please send email
to cygwin-apps.  Serious inquries only, please, i.e.  no "I have never
built a package before and don't really know C but if you are available
to step me through ever individual step required, I might do it if it
isn't too hard."

If you have questions or comments not related to volunteering for
maintainership, please send them to the Cygwin mailing list:
see <http://cygwin.com/list.html>.

Oh, and I probably have to say that the gcc 3.3.1 package will still be
available.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.