RE: Cygwin setup stopped @99%

> From: G. Oto
> Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 9:05 AM

I removed cygwin-developers@cygwin.com, wrong place to send to.

Your problem is well known, but if you have others you'll have to read up on
http://cygwin.com/problems.html beforehand.

> I followed the instructions on www.cygwin.com on how to install
> the current
> Cygwin, downloaded the setup.exe and ran it. The installation went well
> until it remained only 1% to the end of the installation. The installation
> suddenly stopped. I tried 3 times but to no avail. (Please refer to the
> attached jpeg file for where the installtion stopped. Clicking
> the "cancel"
> button displayed "Installation Complete" message and nothing
> more). Can you tell me what to do, please?
> My pc runs on Windows XP with 1024MB RAM and 120GB HDD.

Your PC is one of those that doesn't accept that '/bin/cygpath.exe' is used
in a specific way during installation.

It has been discussed a lot lately, search for the cause has been initiated
and continuation is imminent.

 To fix this problem for the time beeing - do this, from a bash shell
prompt:

$ cd /etc/postinstall/
$ XFree86-bin-icons.sh

When you press enter on that the task that was meant to be done during
installation will be completed.

To make it not bother you more, until next time it gets 'installed' you can
do this:

$ mv XFree86-bin-icons.sh XFree86-bin-icons.sh.done

Google on something like "site:cygwin.com inurl:ml +cygpath +hang" to read
up on the subject.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59°16.37'N, 17°12.60'E
-- UTC+01, DST -> UTC+02  --
--END OF MESSAGE--