Re: merging mingw and cygwin

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Edward Peschko wrote:

> > The answer is - the Cygwin team is under no obligation to accept patches
> > to Cygwin to do anything.  Patches are accepted and merged based on merit
> > of the patch and adherence with Cygwin standards.  If your patch passes
> > these hurdles, it will be accepted.  If not, it will be rejected (with
> > comments of course so you may very well be able to address the issues and
> > "resubmit").  No one will pre-approve a concept.  We need to see code.
> >

> Fair enough, but you *can* 'pre' approve entrance to the developer's list.
> Remember, you try to subscribe and you get asked four questions?

Yes.  Simply answer those questions truthfully.  The only one you might
have some reservations about is the "what do you plan to implement" one,
and I haven't heard of anyone being denied subscription on the basis that
what they'd like to implement is not needed (CGF can say for sure).

> Well, I would like the venue to submit patches that way.
> Ed

<http://cygwin.com/lists.html#available-lists>.  The cygwin-developers
list is not for submitting patches.
	Igor