Cygwin and vertex/pixel programs

Hi,
   I was perusing the cygwin mailing lists and was wondering if you could
help me with a cygwin/opengl question.

i have an nvidia graphics card that doesn't yet have linux drivers. hence,
I was considering using cygwin to write my code in windows. Now, from what
i understand, cygwin allows me to link to the native windows opengl dlls,
is that correct ? And therefore, does that mean that access to the latest
opengl dlls is independent of cygwin (i just have to download the latest
ones) ? The reason this is of concern is because my work typically makes
use of the newer extensions like vertex programs and fragment programs,
(the ARB_fragment_program and ARB_vertex_program extensions etc)
and I would need to be able to use those.

Thanks a lot,

Suresh Venkatasubramanian, Ph: 973 360 8951 (o)
Member, Technical Staff    Web: http://www.research.att.com/~suresh/
AT&T Shannon Labs

Amateurs built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic - heard on Car Talk