Re: Segmentation Fault of ssh3.7.1 with cygwin1.5.5-1 in W95

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:05:41PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> At 11:52 AM 10/31/2003 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >I've just again tested it on 98 and it works fine.  Could you please
> >figure out what happens on your machine?
>
> 2 things:
> - I had accidentally deleted the next (23) line in services, so awk
>   didn't find the pattern.

Ok, so how do you suggest to react in the script if that happens?
Should the script just emit a warning or should it append the ssh lines
at the end of the services file?  The new script will just emit a
warning for now.

> - ssh crashes even with the CR. I also had to shorten the line. It works
>   with 18 spaces between {tcp,udp} and the #

Ouch.  How many spaces do I emit currently... hmm, 27.  This matches
the file layout on NT.  A quick look on a 98 machine... yes, only
18 spaces.  Oh boy...

> Please send the next version, just to be sure.

I've created a new script and attached it to this mail.

Changes:

- Emit a warning if ssh couldn't be added to services file.
- Accomodate different service file layout on 9x and NT.
- On NT: Only ask for installing sshd as service if it's not
  already installed.

Please give it a try,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.