Re: cygwin deadlocks due to broken select() when writing to pipes

CYGWIN=tty is on in the system env vars, shall I switch it off, is this bad?
I switched it on before I had this problem mind you, but maybe something in
the post-Sept-19th version mixes badly with CYGWIN=tty?

Yes, I understand the "root of the problem" problem (sic.), ie. the
programming law that there will always be a lot more causes than there are
distinct effects. ;-)

Anyway, I have this daily recurring problem, which seems to me to be
duplicatible, yet no-one has tried to duplicate it yet?  This is why I
repeat the description of my problem wherever I can; in the daft hope
someone will set up something similar and see if they get the same thing.
I'm not doing anything complicated, just 2 or 3 rsync's (of half a gig or
so) in a cronjob every two hours to a linux server.

Regards

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote in