From: "Igor Pechtchanski" <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu>
To: "Nev Bis" <nevinebishay@yahoo.com>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: ghostscript on Windows and cygwin path
style

> Nevine,
>
> Ah, that explains it.  The script I suggested
earlier will look at the
> whole parameter.  If you want to transform parts of
parameters, you'd have
> to do something a bit more sophisticated, like
>
> #!/bin/sh
> PARAMS=""
> for i in "$@"; do
>   case "$i" in
>     -*=/*) i="`echo "$i" | \
>                sed 'h;s,^[^=]*=\(/.*\)$,cygpath -w
-- "\1",e;x;\
>                     s,=.*$,=,;G;s,\n,,'`" ;;
>     -*) ;;
>     */*) i="`cygpath -w -- "$i"`" ;;
>     *) ;;
>   esac
>   PARAMS="$PARAMS '$i'"
> done
> eval "set -- $PARAMS"
> gswin32c "$@"
>
> The above seems to work correctly.  Hope this helps,
> Igor
>
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Nev Bis wrote:
>
> > Yes, It does. I got the echo
> >
> > Before I sent the last reply, I tried invoking gs
from
> > cygwin's command prompt with the switch
> > -sOutputFile=/tmp/somefile.pcx
> >
> > and got the same error.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nevine
> >
> > --- Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
> > > Nev,
> > >
> > > Please make sure your mailer respects Reply-To:.
> > >
> > > Does your gs script get invoked by xfig?  Try
putting an "echo
> > > 'gs...'" in the beginning of your script and see
if it shows up in the
> > > output.
> > >       Igor

response.

output file
not
the

file \tmp\somefile.pcx

<pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu>
path style

Windows XP Pro.
cygcheck.out shows version 1.3.22.
upgrading.

directory, I have a

3.2.4

a eps file into pcx. The
recognize the path style. In
with a file under the
I call it this way

/c/directory/somefile.ps)

> --
> http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
>       |\      _,,,---,,_ pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ igor@watson.ibm.com
>      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski,
Ph.D.
JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

> "I have since come to realize that being between
your mentor and his route
> to the bathroom is a major career booster."  --
Patrick Naughton