windows SIGTRAP

Hi all,

I've ported an old dos application to compile in cygwin under mingw.  It does
its own context switching via traps.  I'm not about to say the port is correct
just yet, but I need a bit of guidance here.

Unfortunately, when I try and run the application now, it goes a bit, but then
crashes on the trap.  A dialog just pops up and says ( prog.exe has generated
errors...a log is being created...).

Now, running the program through the insight debugger, I can get it to run
normally.  It stops at the traps and I just continue.  To get it to run without
stopping(breaking), I just do a 'handle SIGTRAP nostop' and it seems to run
fine.  Just really really really slowly as it still receives all this SIGTRAPS,
it just ignores them.

Any ideas here? I didn't think a windows app would have SIGTRAPS.

Thanks,

Yamin