Installation from locally stored packages

Hello cygwin experts,

I'm probably asking too much, and so this email is probably infuriating - so sorry in advance. I would very much like to the following:
(1) I have two computers, a networked desktop running Linux and an un-networked laptop running Windows.
(2) I would like to install Cygwin on my laptop, ideally by downloading files onto my Linux machine and writing them to a CD which could then be transferred to the laptop. I know this is tedious but that's just the way things are for me.

Is this possible in any way?

Any useful comments would be much appreciated - sorry if this question has been asked before but I searched long and hard in the archive before posting. A reference to a useful thread in the archive would be fine if this is the case.

Thanks to all in advance and best wishes,

Colin Cotter