RE: Setup hangs in postinstall

(Sorry I've not quoted people, I've lost track of who wrote
what...  also, I re-arranged the email slightly.)

base-files-mketc does use uname,

base-files-profile does not...

I'm sorry, I don't have a copy of XP to try this with, but it would
appear to be a bug in uname (since it gives no output from the commandline)

Does it uname hang or just return empty?  Is there any error codes?  Try:

/bin/uname -a ; echo $?

Also, could you *attach* (uncompressed) the output of:

/bin/cygcheck -svr > cygcheck.out

Thanks,

J.