initdb failed

Hi,

This is the first time I tried to use PostgreSQL (on Windows 2000). I
downloaded everything in binary by "Default" (and everything in Admin, Base,
and Database). The Cygwin DLL version is 1.5.5-1 and the database is version
7.4.1.

Then I downloaded a binary version of cygipc-1.14-1 and did the following:
(a) cd /
(b) tar -jxvf cygipc-1.14-1.tar.bz2
(c) ipc-daemon &

No matter what, whenever I tried to initialize PostgreSQL,  I always get the
following error. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

$ initdb -W -D /my_data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"Administrator
".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /my_data... ok
creating directory /my_data/base... ok
creating directory /my_data/global... ok
creating directory /my_data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /my_data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... 10
selecting default shared_buffers... 50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /my_data/base/1... FATAL:  could not create
share
d memory segment: Function not implemented
DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600).

initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/my_data"

Sincerely yours,

Jian Huang