RE: 1.5.5-1:libpcre0 package missing when I chose the Download from Internet install option.

Larry,

It's <http://cygwin.mirrors.pair.com/> (the one in Pennsylvania).  It also
seems to be valid (i.e., the '@ less' entry in its setup.ini has the
libpcre0 requirement).  This is probably a setup issue.

To the OP: If you use 'IE5 settings' in setup, try marking the 'check
cached documents every time' box in the internet options of IE5 -- this
bit me before as I was getting a (stale) cached version of setup.ini...
Temporarily switching the mirror to something you haven't used before
should fix this too.

If that doesn't work, could you please try to repeat the steps to
(re)download and (re)install less on your machine, saving
/var/log/setup.log.full between setup runs, and post the two versions of
this file?
HTH,
	Igor

--