rshd and stdout

I'm using rsh to run a command on a remote machine.
But I only get output back from stderr, not from
stdout. Here is my sample program and the output:

   main() {
      fprintf(stdout, "stdout\n");
      fprintf(stderr, "stderr\n");
   }

   $ rsh machine1 ./main
   stderr

How can I get stdout back to the rsh client?

Note: cygwin rshd is running on a windows box, rsh can

be on windows or linux, the result is the same.
It works as I would expect when using the linux rshd
on a linux box (it prints stdout and stderr)

-David