-----Message d'origine-----
De : cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]De la part
de Igor Pechtchanski
Envoye : vendredi 26 decembre 2003 17:12
A : Nuno Ferreira
Cc : cygwin@cygwin.com
Objet : Re: Problem compiling cygwin1.dll from CVS

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Nuno Ferreira wrote:

> Hi,
> while trying to find a problem with an application I'm using (that by
> the way was corrected by yesterday's snapshot) I tried to compile the
> DLL from CVS and it failed with this error:
> [snip]
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.1/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cygwin.def:4: parse error
> make[2]: *** [cygwin0.dll] Error 1
>
> The created cygwin.def follows, do you have any ideia what can cause
> this problem?

At a guess, judging from the CRLF line endings in the first 3 lines,
you're trying to build Cygwin on a text mount.  Thus, ld expects to see
all lines ending in CRLF.  However, gcc seems to write the defs with LFs
explicitly, so ld sees line 4 as one long line, and gives a parse error.
I'd suggest moving the build to a binary mount and trying again.

> Also, I am experiencing some major memory leaks using the application,
> the same application runs flawlessly in linux, does anyone know any tool
> (something similar to valgrind) I can use to track the leaks under
> cygwin?
>
> Thank you
> --
> Nuno

Doesn't Cygwin use Doug Lea's malloc?  I thought it had some leak
detection routines (or, at least, routines to print memory stats).  Take a
look at winsup/cygwin/malloc.cc...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/