Re: A month worth of developers time available for cygwin.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 04:29:35PM +0100, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> I've gotten my local Cygwin installation up to speed for this (openjade et
> al.) but I'll probably be working on my Gentoo box at home (seeing as I only
> have one Windows at my disposal at home, which does have Cygwin but which
> I hardly ever use, I'll do as much as possible on my normal development box..)

Great, I'm glad it worked. For running on Gentoo, the main thing you should
look for is docbook-sgml-utils, which is what they call docbook-utils. It
includes all the stuff like db2html and jw which you need. And of course
you'll need CVS to get the docs.

> I'll try to get things working so I can run `make' properly and will report
> back when I've either gotten things going or have run into some really
> blocking problem..

Sure, if you have non-Cygwin trouble feel free to email me too. If you've
never used DocBook here's a good introduction to the basics of how and why:

<http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/sgml.html>

The whole DocBook DTD reference manual (DocBook: The Definitive Guide) is
online, so you can just Google for, say "funcsynopsis" and get descriptions
and parents/children. Of course, you probably won't need any of that since
you can look at examples in the other parts of the Cygwin documentation.