Re: some notes on debugging screen

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:59:21AM -0800, Rafael Kitover wrote:
>FWIF, the code sending the EINVAL is around line 1105 in
>winsup/cygwin/fhandler_tty.cc:
>
>    case TIOCSWINSZ:
>      if (get_ttyp ()->winsize.ws_row != ((struct winsize *) arg)->ws_row
>          || get_ttyp ()->winsize.ws_col != ((struct winsize *) arg)->ws_col)
>        {
>          if (!ioctl_request_event)
>            get_ttyp ()->ioctl_retval = -EINVAL;
>          else
>            {
>              get_ttyp ()->arg.winsize = *(struct winsize *) arg;
>              SetEvent (ioctl_request_event);
>              get_ttyp ()->winsize = *(struct winsize *) arg;
>              killsys (-get_ttyp ()->getpgid (), SIGWINCH);
>              if (ioctl_done_event)
>                WaitForSingleObject (ioctl_done_event, INFINITE);
>            }
>        }
>      break;
>
>Commenting out the second if/else allows you to send TIOCSWINSZ
>commands to the terminal, making the screens the correct number of
>lines and columns.  After this you can see that screen works correctly.
>THIS IS NOT the problem though, just something I noticed.  Screens
>still start with the wrong size.

On reflection, the code above (which I happened to have written) didn't
look right to me, so I did a little digging.  I think I was either
confused when I wrote it or I'm confused now.  Assuming, as always, that
I'm less confused now than I was then (an assumption I probably made
when I made my change in September), I've semi-reverted this code to a
state that somewhat mirrors what it used to look like last September and
am regenning a snapshot now.  It will be interesting to see if this
solves the problem or not.

cgf