RE: simple newbie init question

This is the result of 'inetd -d', edited for brevity.

ADD : talk proto=udp, wait=1, user=root builtin=0
server=/usr/sbin/in.talkd
registered /usr/sbin/in.talkd on 19
ADD : ntalk proto=udp, wait=1, user=root builtin=0
server=/usr/sbin/in.talkd
registered /usr/sbin/in.talkd on 20
ADD : cvspserver proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0
server=/usr/bin/cvs
FREE: cvspserver proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0
server=/usr/bin/cvs

For some reason it immediately frees the cvspserver after adding it. I
also find the register lines disconcerting. I know that on a normal
Linux system, inetd has port info in /etc/services, which is missing
from the cygwin install. I was assuming that it was getting that info
from somewhere else. I guess I shouldn't assume. Do I need to add
/etc/services?
Ed.

Behalf

aaaspam@sourceware.org