Re: Fix for sshd service start failure problem

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 10:08:49AM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Joseph E. Vornehm, Jr. wrote:
>>For what it's worth, I think I've found a fix to a problem posted in
>>October of 2002 in this thread:
>>
>>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-10/msg00443.html
>>
>>Here's my version of the problem: After running ssh-host-config (and
>>noticing two errors from chown about the system account), the sshd
>>Windows service won't start, even though manually executing
>>/usr/sbin/sshd works fine.  I'm running the current openssh package,
>>3.7.1p2-2, on WinXP.  All my other Cygwin packages are current (as of
>>today).
>
>FYI, your Cygwin packages are only as current as the mirror you use.

Just a datapoint: The mirror list is updated twice a day.  It checks
that the most current package on sources.redhat.com is available on the
mirror.  If the mirror is not current, it is marked.  If, on the next
scan, it is still not current, it is dropped from the list until it
becomes current.  So, mirrors should not be out-of-date for more than 48
hours.

cgf