Re: domain and user localname conflict

Ling,

Please configure your client to not quote raw e-mail addresses in your
replies -- let's not make the spam harvesters' life any easier.

I'm surprised you get these messages...  They probably have something to
do with the tetex installation, but they seem to appear in your
/etc/profile or ~/.bashrc, since they appear every time you open a bash
shell.  Well, why not look at the actual permissions on those files?
What's the output of "ls -l /usr/share/texmf/{web2c/texmf.cnf,ls-R}"?
What about "getfacl /usr/share/texmf/{web2c/texmf.cnf,ls-R}"?
If you have administrative privileges, you can "chmod a+w
/usr/share/texmf/{web2c/texmf.cnf,ls-R}", which should get rid of the
messages.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/